We hire summer staff that come from
all over the United States and the world. The majority
of our summer camp staff, however, are college students from
Missouri and neighboring states. It is a goal for our summer programs to hire staff from across the
world in order to give our campers exposure to different cultures and customs.
In order to be considered for employment please note the following:
- You must have the ability to obtain a visa or be legally
able to work in the United States.
- You must have an excellent understanding of and ability
to speak the English language.
- You must return to your home country at the end of your
visa, but may return on future summers or internships.
- You must meet all other job requirements listed under the
position that you are interested in.
- The typical international summer camp staff applies
through a summer camp counselor employment program such as the YMCA, CCUSA
Other things to know about our camps:
- Being able to teach a variety of classes and courses in a
must. Staff will have input into the activities that they are interested in
teaching, but will be assigned to a group of courses they will be
responsible for teaching based on our needs at camp. We provide the lesson plan, but becoming familiar with our
activities through the lesson plans and hands on learning will be your responsibility.
- We are not a sports camp. While no camp would be
complete without lots of physical activity, we do not play any
organized team sport at Cub Creek Science Camp.
- A love of the outdoors, science and animals is a must.
While we understand that you may not be familiar with our land and animals,
having a fear of animals, water or the dark would make living and working at camp
- Experience caring for children is important.
If you are interested in applying for one of our summer or
internship positions please complete and submit an