Bear River Ranch offers unique learning opportunities in all
aspects of camp management. Interns may choose to be involved
in any of the following:
- Facility development and upkeep
- Program development and administration
- Therapeutic Recreation
- American Camping Association accreditation
- Animal care, propagation, training and education
- Staff recruitment, screening, hiring and training
- Development and implementation of education programs
- Photography and media portfolio opportunities
Internships at Bear River Ranch are ideal for students
interested in a career in organized camping, outdoor education, parks and
recreation, or therapeutic recreation. With more than 200
animals of 100 species at the Ranch, Veterinarian and Animal Husbandry students
would also have an outstanding learning opportunity.
The duration of each internship varies with the individual goals
of the student. Internships are individually tailored to meet the needs of
the intern and of the Ranch.
Interns at Bear River Ranch receive:
Room and partial board
$300 stipend per month
Interns at Bear River Ranch are expected to be self directed and
goal oriented. In order to apply, please complete our
application and follow it with an
e-mail describing your goals for a successful internship.
International staff are welcome to apply.